Friday, March 30, 2007

Things in the News

So it seems that there have been some orthepedic whiz kids out there investigating the question of why knees hurt. And whaddya know. It seems my surgery may have been a complete waste of time after all. Not that I didn't suspect this when my knee promptly readjusted itself so it was right back where it started three days after the surgery, but it's somewhat disheartening to have this confirmed by the experts.

And another news item that makes me roll my eyes is the report from the hearings in the Senate Judiciary Committee, where Kyle Sampson is doing a really impressive show of dodging and twisting when asked direct questions. He may only have tried one case, but boy does he have the lawyers' two-step down pat. Of course, some of the questions he was asked are pretty impressively off-course, too. Like the senator who asked him whether the president had seen a report. How on earth is Sampson supposed to know? It's not like he was high enough up the ladder to be privy to the president's decisions.

Sometimes I really do think it would be better if I just moved to Canada.

No comments: